This Blog has been moved to www.threebearsquilting.com

Please find our blog on our new website. It's the same address, www.threebearsquilting.com, but with a fresh new look. On the home page will be listed our next pick up/drop off at Thimble Pleasures.

Blog has been moved!!


Yipeee!!! Our new website is now up and running. Our ever so popular Blog has been relocated here. All of the old posts have been moved, and any new entries will appear on the new blog.

Thank you to everyone for reading, and I'm confident you will enjoy the new site!!

www.threebearsquilting.com


Welcome!

Click on any image for larger view



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's a Ribbon Winner!!!!

.........and it's mine this time!!  Whooo-hoooo!  It's the happy dance that I'm doing today!

The Quilt is an Amish Medallion Pattern that I found in an old book of Quilt Patterns.  There weren't really any instructions, so I knew it was the perfect project for me.  I rarely follow them anyway.  And besides, now I have a built in excuse in case it's a flop.  Here's a bit of detail:


  basket detail:

I love breaking the rules, and a big one here was combining cotton sateen and batik fabrics.  Apparently that's a no-no.  I say yes-yes!! Here is some of the detail of the feathers used in the background quilting.  

And here's a bit of quilting detail from the dahlia designs:

   I should have used the sateen on the back, as it is now a beautiful whole cloth.  Since I was going to use it as a wall hanging, I used 200 ct bleached muslin.  But it looks nice too:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment